Chief Technical Officer
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Chief Technical Officer.
Growd is an award winning EdTech platform, based in London, UK with operations in
Research shows that 6 out of 10 children in primary and lower secondary school do not achieve minimum proficiency levels in reading and mathematics while in low income countries, 91% of primary school-age children do not achieve minimum proficiency levels in reading and the rate is 87% in mathematics. Children’s participation in Co-curricular activities such as music, sports and arts has been proven to lead to higher student engagement and grades.
Growd works with parents of children below the age of 14 years to find, design and match them to co-curricular activities that improve their child’s academic performance. Growd uses powerful machine learning algorithms to enable children to continue learning outside the classroom at their own pace while designing their own learning experiences.
We also provide a hub that parents can use to get answers to their most pressing questions privately and confidently.
We are a fast-paced and growing company based in London and Nairobi. You will therefore be right where the action is, and get involved in the incredible journey of growing a business.
About the Role
Do you have a passion for startups and EdTech? Do you want to contribute to how more than 2 Billion children around the world learn? If yes, then this opportunity is for you.
We are looking for an experienced CTO to join our team. The CTO will oversee our organization’s ongoing technical operations and help drive the company strategy.
You’ll have to maintain control of diverse technical operations including engineering, Artificial Intelligence and machine learning, so we expect you to be an experienced and efficient leader. You should also have excellent people skills, business/entrepreneurial acumen and exemplary work ethics.
Here’s what you will be doing
Responsibilities (included but are not limited to)
- As the CTO, you will contribute to key company strategy and direction
- You will drive the vision, leadership and development of our technology as we grow and scale
- You will assume full ownership of product strategy developing comprehensive product roadmap and deciding tech stack
- You will lead software development, design and code reviews
- You will support best practices in development, software design and robust testing
- You will explore future tech and enhancement of our predictive analytics platforms
- You will lead technical development for AI and machine
- You will recruit, grow, manage and mentor the technical team members
- Proven experience as Chief Technical Officer or relevant role
- Being part of the leadership team, setting overall direction, strategy & culture of the company
- Setting strategy for how technology will serve our customers including anticipating potential technologies that can deliver comparative advantage
- Ensuring technical resources meet the company’s short and long-term goals
- Ensuring our technology is fully compliant with regulatory requirements
- Managing technology budget
- Have a good understanding of Artificial Intelligence and machine learning
- Build beautiful user interfaces and experiences within the Growd mobile and web Apps working with the UX team
- Implement new features across the full stack while delivering impact across front-end and back-end on website environments
- Be proficient across a range of programming languages and platforms in areas such as cybersecurity, data analysis and embedded software, etc.
- Experience in growing small businesses/startup is a plus
- Keen to transform an industry and wants to have fun while doing so.
- Represent Growd in various speaking and public engagements
- International experience is a plus
- Master’s degree in computer science or related field
- Advanced technological skill set and demonstrated history with technology
- Exceptional team management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to delegate efficiently
- Extensive industry knowledge with an eye towards the future
- Experience with android and IOS applications
- Experience with agile/lean methodologies
- Strong front-end and back-end experience ability to build full stack applications
- Good grasp of Artificial intelligence and machine le
- Proven ability to design and implement robust and scalable systems